The Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Marathon/Half Marathon is in three weeks on June 25th. Deb, Eric, Dave, & I will be in the race. I have had a lot of breaks in my spring training so I am not as ready for it as I had planned. I will be happy if I finish the 13 miles and hopefully improve my last year's time a little. Weather is finally cooperating after a horrible.. spring?
This morning I did a good 4 miles and will add more each day until the week of our 1/2 marathon when I will take it a little easier, recover, then give it my all on Saturday! The Seattle Rock 'n' Roll is a really fun marathon and after we did the first one we decided to do it every spring if we can. It is a beautiful course, great support, bands & cheerleaders all along the way, and it finishes at Quest Field which is really fun for us as we are huge Seahawks fans!
Unfortunately, this year we will miss our personal support man, photographer, back up driver & cheerleader, Duane. Because of his continuing Chemotherapy, he can't be around people and his energy level is very low. But we expect him to be back to normal by next year!
I have had some leg problems the past month which I believe to be because of my sporadic training. After this 1/2 marathon I will get back to a regular schedule and carefully add more running in preparation for the Bellingham Bay Marathon on September 25.
Next year your support man, photographer, driver, etc., may just walk or run with. (maybe) Keep up the good job!
ReplyDelete