I’m not getting in as much training time as I’d hoped this spring but I’m plugging along as well as I can considering the lousy weather, Duane’s chemo, and other stuff going on. Last week I managed to do a total of 16 miles with 8 of those miles done on Mother’s Day. It was a rare sunny day so I took full advantage while the weather was cooperating and had a great day. The first 4 miles I stayed at 15 min per mile and then dropped down to 16 for the last four. That’s not very fast but a good workout and the most miles I’ve done at a time so far this spring.
Next week we will have an exciting trip to Yale in New Haven, CT, for Mary’s graduation! The Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Marathon is coming up June 25th but I still should be able to get in a lot of miles before then. My new shoes are feeling good and tonight I’m updating my iPod shuffle. I haven’t had much to blog about lately but I do post to my training journal page a little more often.
Have fun back east, and when you get back, training can hopefully start for real!
ReplyDelete