Yesterday was NOT a good day for me. Actually it started out well, a nice sunny day and I was feeling great as I headed into Mile 9. This was to be my last practice "long day" before the race in two weeks. I had called Duane a little earlier to be in the driveway with some water when I passed by the house on my way to my next loop around town. He saw my 'missed call' a little later, then called me back. I was starting in on an energy bar and as I opened my phone somehow I didn't see a dip in the sidewalk and landed on my face. My phone went flying, sun glasses dug into my eyebrow, making a gash, my right front tooth broke off, blood was dripping on the sidewalk. A woman driving by stopped but Duane was on the line so I said: "come get me, I've fallen". He was there in about 3 minutes and we headed to the local emergency clinic. I came home with seven stitches in my eyebrow and a fat lip and other scrapes.
This is the first time I've fallen while running (actually at that moment I think I was walking). Anyway, this was a good reminder that I'm not a spring chicken and need to be extra careful when multi-tasking. The Dr. gave me some good pain meds and I'm not feeling too bad today except for a headache and sore face. My main worry is the tooth. When I look in the mirror I look like a pirate - patch above my eye, broken tooth & whopper of a black eye. I may not be able to get a temporary tooth fix before the trip to Seattle.. ugh. Guess it could have been worse. I didn't break/strain anything to hinder my doing the race. Duane drove himself to chemo today and the day went well for him so we are thankful for that. I think I'll take a few days off. .
Your title is great. Hope you heal up real soon!
ReplyDeleteI am trying to come up with an appropriate comment, but I can't. All I can say is I am very glad it wasn't any worse, and get better soon!
ReplyDeleteOuch indeed! Glad you're relatively OK. Heal up please and I think you should embrace your new pirate look.
ReplyDeleteYou will have fantastic battle scars for the race!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! Thanks everyone for your encouragement! :)
ReplyDelete