It is now 13 weeks until the Rock ‘n‘ Roll Seattle Marathon & Half Marathon - June 25 - and I’m getting ready! When I look through my pictures I can still feel the energy and excitement we experienced in that pack of runners last year. I will be doing this one with Dave, Deb & Eric again. We are already talking about hotel reservations for the night before, since 27,000 runners from all around the world come to Seattle for the race. Last year we stayed in Tukwilla at a motel about a block away from the start which was convenient since we needed to be there by 6 am. A lot of people stayed in downtown Seattle and took taxi, shuttles, etc. to the starting line in the morning but the traffic jam and wait for shuttles was so bad that many were still arriving after the run had already started - so sad for them.
The race course runs north through Tukwilla, along Lake Washington, to downtown Seattle and ends in the big parking lot at Quest Field. It is pretty exciting that we get to run right up there on the I-90 express lanes and take in the sights of Seattle up close. Support teams, bands and “cheer leaders” were there for us all along the way.
To enter the half marathon you have to be able to finish 13 miles in 4 hours. Last Fall I finished in just under 3 hours. My time was in the upper ⅓ for people my age. My goal is to do that again and improve my time if possible. Doesn’t that sound fun? I’m totally hooked.
Good for you! You should post a pic of your new shoes (your feet in them!) We have had a very wet, gloomy spring also so very little walking outside!
ReplyDeleteDeb, the photo is for you. I bet you haven't ever tried to take a picture of your own shoes while you are in them! It wasn't easy! :)
ReplyDeleteThose are some sharp shoes! Brooks makes good running shoes so I think you'll like them.
ReplyDelete