Tuesday, August 23, 2011

FIVE WEEKS to the Bellingham Bay Marathon - Sept. 25th

This will be my 5th Half Marathon Race since I started in September 2009.

It's been a crazy summer but I've managed to keep with some training. Now I am walking every other day and running three days a week with the longer run on the weekends. My time is improving a little (today 13 min per mile) and I am slowly getting a little more comfortable with running but it still isn't easy for me! My goal is to finish the race. I'd like to match last year's Bell Bay time or improve if I can.. We'll see. I'm still using the Run/Walk plan and it seems to be working but won't know how that compares to the way I trained last year until the race. For now I am running one minute then fast walking two minutes for 30 to 45 minutes and continue to increase time/distance during the next five weeks.

Eric & Dave ready to run the Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon 2010


This year I plan to run parts of the race route ahead of time so I'm more familiar with where the mile markers are, particularly near the end, so I'll know just when to pour on the coal. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment